Take My Hand At-Home Care provides eldercare services to senior citizens in these Whatcom County communities: Lynden, Bellingham, Ferndale, Blaine, Everson, Nooksack, Sumas and Birch Bay.
Assistance from our licensed and insured caregivers is ideal for elderly or disabled individuals who want to maintain their independence and dignity by continuing to live in the comfort of their own home or “age-in-place.” We also help with hospital discharge planning—helping older adults return home safely after surgery or an illness.
It’s a fact: At-home care can be less expensive than placing a loved one in a nursing home, long term care facility or assisted living home, because you only pay for the level of care needed.
Use this calculator tool to see options and estimated rates.
Our Whatcom County home care companions make senior citizen’s lives easier by performing the tasks that have become difficult or tiring.
“Thank you so very much for all you did to make Mom’s birthday extraordinary—you only turn 90 once, after all! Take My Hand At-Home Care has been an important aspect of our lives, especially Mom’s. We love you!”
At-home care services are customized to meet the needs of each client.
Here are some ways Take My Hand caregivers can help your parent, grandparent, friend or neighbor stay in their own home and successfully age in place:
- Respite for family caregivers that provides much-needed breaks
- Socialization, friendship and companionship that combats elder loneliness
- Hospital discharge planning—settling back in at home after receiving care at PeaceHealth St. Joseph Hospital in Bellingham, WA
- Prepare and serve nutritious meals according to unique preferences and dietary needs
- Medication monitoring and reminders
- Personal hygiene assistance with bathing and dressing, etc.
- Supervise ambulation, help to prevent falls
- Accompany to doctor’s appointments and share health information with loved ones
- Help transition home after a hospital stay (provide transportation, purchase healthcare supplies, pick up prescriptions)
- Encourage participation in stimulating activities like going on walks, cooking or gardening
- Light housekeeping (laundry, dishes, changing sheets)
- Household errands and grocery shopping
- Help care for pets
- Assist with hobbies like scrap booking, puzzles, crafts and even seasonal canning
- Holiday decorating
- Assist with correspondence to family and friends (letters, birthday and holiday cards)
- Shopping excursions for birthdays, Christmas, new grand babies, or just for fun
- Organize scenic outings or serve as a travel companion for “bucket list” trips
“I am so thankful your services were available to help us during the last few weeks of Dad’s life. Take My Hand caregivers were lifesavers and so much appreciated.”