Ask about our complimentary home care assessment!
Since no two people are the same, Take My Hand At-Home Care conducts a confidential, home care assessment to gain a better understanding of specific needs and expectations. This initial meeting in your home provides the opportunity to learn about each other and to address any questions you may have about home care services.
“Sue Sorensen of Take My Hand At-Home Care does professional work at reasonable prices with well trained people under her management…my wife and I found each and every caregiver to be helpful, loving, patient, and informative.”
Our home care assessments are always free of charge and there is no obligation; the assessment allows us to develop customized care solutions that meet client’s personal needs and their budget. During this session, we review and discuss the following topics:
- Observation of home care needs. Are eldercare services at home appropriate for the needs of the client?
- Caregiver accommodations. Live-in caregivers require a separate room for sleeping. We need to ensure that accommodations are sufficient.
- Home safety. Is the client’s home safe for both the client and the caregiver?
- Insurance information. Does the client qualify to use Long Term Care insurance or another insurance source or will home care services be handled by private pay?
- Discussion of daily routines and personal preferences
- Identify transportation needs
- Learn about client’s personal background, interests, family and hobbies
- Review medical information and learn about medications being taken
- Explain the cost of services
Take My Hand At-Home Care is a locally owned and operated eldercare provider. Our Whatcom County caregivers are ready to help your parents, grandparents, friends and neighbors successfully age in place.